Centre of Studies for Krater
The Department of Krater is established in 2009 and belongs to the Faculty of Sanskrit Literature and keep on creating employable skills to the students.
1. Well arranged Herbal Garden.
2. Computer Lab with Internet Facility.
3. Devoted teachers and students.
4. Unique course in Tourism.
5. Library with books in Ayurveda and Tourism.
1. Student’s placement.
2. Connecting traditional wisdom with tourism.
3. Significance of Ayurveda in Medical Tourism.
4. To promote authentic tourism in Ayurveda.
5. Creating employable skills among the students.
1. Stability of career in Tourism area.
2. Avoid unnecessary practice in Ayurvedic Tourism.
3. Exploitation by private managements.
4. No possibility in higher studies.
5. Indifference to innovative courses.
Future plans of the department include:
To start Tourism PG Diploma courses in Heritage Tourism using the resources of Sanskrit and other humanity subjects available in our University which will lead to research level activities. Planned to conduct Seminar/Workshop in the areas of emerging trends in Tourism.
About Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
The University was established two decades ago in the name of the illustrious Indian philosopher Jagad Guru Adi Sankara in his place of birth at Kalady. The basic objective of the University is to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit, Indology, Indian culture, Indian and Foreign languages, Indian philosophy, Fine Arts and Social Sciences and to promote the study and research in Sanskrit and other systems of Indian knowledge. As a centre of cultural heritage and a house for indigenous art forms, the University is envisioned to harmonize the society through educational excellence.