- Deals with the procurement of books and other documents other than serials.
Technical Section: is responsible for the technical process of the documents like Classification, Cataloguing, Assigning of Subject Headings and Key words.
The following Standards are used for the works performed in the Section:
- Cataloguing: AACR II (with slight modifications)
- Classification: Dewey Decimal Scheme of Classification
- Display of new additions
Maintenance Section- arranges and maintains the documents in the classified sequence and provides facilities for referring the documents within the section.
- performs the job of issue and return of documents, renewal of loan period, fine collection for delayed return of books and membership management functions.
- Overdue collection
- Answering reference queries
- This section maintains a good collection of reference sources that includes Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Dictionaries, Reports, Theses, Dissertations, maps etc.
Journals & Periodicals Section
- This section also is reference section for Journals and periodicals.
- Journals relating to Social Science and languages are available for reference.
- Bound Volumes or Back Volumes of the Journals are also available in this Section.
Thesis & Dissertation Section
- Ph.D and MPhil thesis submitted by Research Scholars are available for reference in this section.
Integration with IT Section
- Takes initiatives to reach the services provided by the INFLIBNET Programme of UGC to the academic community of the University.
- Internet Browsing
- OPAC Searching
- Training in Accessing E-Resources
- Scanning of documents for digitization
- CD-ROM/DVD access
- The Library provides photocopying facilities allowed within the copyright rules. An amount of 50 paise per page is charged for the facility.